Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Little Less Specialization

I have started a couple of blogs on subjects I'm passionate about, and plan to continue those, but it's hard to stick to a subject when you're interested in sooooo many things, as I am. I finally decided to create a place for these random thoughts and musings here.

I am a writer. Not really a pro, sort of in that netherworld between a hobby and having sold a few things over the years, but that doesn't matter to me. Everything I watch, walk by, or overhear sparks a million thoughts and I love to think about things from all sides, not just from my own perspective. This makes me rather frustrating to have a debate about, say, politics with because I'll probably argue the opposite point of yours even if I actually completely agree with you. People say much more interesting things when trying to prove a point and people DO much more interesting things if they don't know you're watching, like a candid snapshot. Everything I encounter makes me want to write about it. I don't know how to stop, even if nothing comes of anything I write. The words (and melodies, in the case of music and poetry) come into my head and clamor to get out, to the point of driving me crazy if I don't have a way to get them down.

So, don't expect any order or theme to this. If you agree with one post you may hate another. One may interest you greatly while others bore. That's okay, I've learned the hard way that I don't fit neatly into any schools of thought and don't want or expect anyone else to agree with me on much of anything.

That said, if you've found your way here my one hope is that you will laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment